WRTC2014, in collaboration with the Framingham Amateur Radio Association (FARA), will be holding license examination sessions for WRTC2014 competitors, referees, and visitors who are interested in obtaining a U.S. license or upgrading their existing U.S. license.
The examinations will be conducted on Wednesday, July 9, beginning in the afternoon, at the DoubleTree Hotel (WRTC2014 HQ) in Westborough, MA.You must pre-register by contacting Jim Weckback, W1EQW at +1-508-904-6188 or sending him an email at: W1EQW@ARRL.NET.
If you do not pre-register, exam materials may not be available.
To take exam elements please bring the following with you:
- $15 registration fee cash (or check made out to ARRL/VEC). Fee is set by the ARRL/VEC. The single $15 fee is good for taking one, two, or all three elements at the session. Credit cards cannot be accepted.
- Government issued picture identification such as a current drivers license or valid passport.
- If you do not reside in the U.S., you will need to arrange to have a U.S. address you can use for your license.
- FCC Registration Number (FRN) which is shown on your current FCC license or your Social Security Number. If you do not have a FRN you can register with the FCC and receive one free of charge through the following website: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- For license upgrades (General or Extra) bring your original signed license and a copy. The copy will be sent in to the ARRL with your paperwork.